Our client, a major company in the Oil and Gas Industry, is looking for an Offshore Safety Specialist, to work on a 12-months contract in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Provide safety environmental and audit support to the Gulf of Mexico operations.
- This person will be the primary liaison between the company's field operations and the SEQ department.
- Interacts with company's office and field personnel, contractors, and government personnel.
- Oversight of field implementation of HSE IMS, including compliance, training and record keeping.
- Field programs include: MOC system, SimOps, SEQ for projects, HazOp, HAZID, JSEA, ER, Haz Comm, Permit-to-Work, NORM handling and Waste Management.
- Incident reporting and Investigations
- Monitoring and reporting of HSE metrics and permits
- Monitoring and reporting for permits
- HSE Audit and Reporting
- BS Degree with preference in Occupational Safety or Industrial Hygiene or equivalent environmental/safety experience in the offshore oil and gas environment
- Minimum of ten years’ experience with the offshore oil and gas industry
- Minimum of five year experience with Marine Vessel and Marine Terminals
- Extensive knowledge of federal and state safety, health, and environmental regulations
- Experience in auditing of OSHA, OHSA, NFPA, BSEE, ISO, EPA, USCG and ICS programs