Airswift (Air Energy Caspian LLP) is currently looking for an Offshore Construction Supervisor for one of our largest clients in Switzerland. We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance to ensure that the company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality service to our client’s requirements.
The Offshore Construction Supervisor works under the authority of the Offshore Superintendent and is responsible for the execution of the operations related to an Installation project in line with the Engineering procedures and the Company requirements in terms of safety and quality.
In order ensure the Project is executed in a safe and efficient way during his shift, in compliance with SBM standards, local regulations and Client’s requirements YOU ARE TO:
- Ensure operations are performed efficiently in accordance with the approved task plans delivered by the Installation engineer via toolbox talks.
- In respect of the guidance of the Offshore Superintendent, ensure a smooth synchronization over the 2 shifts.
- Identify the technical issues and escalate them as appropriate, to ensure early resolution and to facilitate the execution.
- Log and report progress on the encountered issues during the shifts. Supervise the implementation of the corrective actions. Ensure that your pre-shift scenario is properly prepared.
- When applicable, provide guidance and technical support to the office Installation team.
- Ensure effective communication and clarify grey zone with Installation Project Engineer / Offshore Superintendent when things are not clear in task plans.
- Run risk assessment and toolbox talks ensuring the different departments are working together to ensure safety and efficiency during execution of task plans.
- Cascade the safety rules and ensure that the rules are understood and applied by the team.
- Anticipate the necessary safety training for the team and report the needs to the HSE advisor.
- Supported by the HSE advisor, continually maintain a high level of awareness on HSSE topics and procedures amongst the team via training, awareness sessions etc.
- Supervise the operations within the various offshore units: Diving/ ROV Supervisor/ Bridge team/ Deck team/Field Engineer/Third parties.
- The Project Plan is executed in time and budget respecting the company standards for quality and safety.
- Achievement of the KPI related to the collective performance.
- Feedback / satisfaction from Client, Offshore Superintendent and the Vessel Operations Manager.
- Vessel operations uptime
In order to ensure that installation vessel is maintained properly and preserved YOU ARE TO:
- Ensure project equipment is used in a professional manner and within their boundary limits.
- Ensure that project equipment is maintained in a safe condition and in good working order.
- KPI related to the maintenance of the Vessel.
- Vessel operations uptime.
- Vessel and subcontractor equipment redelivery.
- Maintenance Certificates up to date.
In order to have a highly efficient and successful team on board YOU ARE TO:
- Continually assess and maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and
- preparedness across the team to upskill team members and create a culture that prioritizes
- quality and effective HSSE.
- Provide guidance and advice personnel.
- Plan and develop competencies and capacity of the teams on-board.
- Assess and appraise the performance of your team and report it to the Offshore
- The Project Execution Plan is executed in time and budget respecting the Company standards for quality and safety.
- Personnel development plan.
- Feedback from other Projects on staff.
- Diploma in engineering
- Minimum 10 years’ experience
Behaviours &inter-personal skills - Key points:
- Strong customer relationship and delivering solutions
- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently