Airswift is currently recruiting two Occupational Health Physicians to join one of our best clients in Assen, NL, on a part-time contract position.
An Occupational Health Physician is a specialized medical professional in the area of Health and Work(environment). Together with employer and employees, you monitor and promote the health and well-being of the employees in relation to their work. An OHP works in the area of both company and individual level by Medical Absence Management, Prevention and Reintegration.
Provide local functional leadership in Occupational Health (e.g. Human Performance & Care, Medical absence management, First Aid response, basic travel advice, Health risk management of HSSE ControlFramework and organizing and managing health programs and projects) at designated sites. Depending on business need, experience level and needed education will drive where physicians are deployed for extra SME duties (for example fitness to work, transfer medicals and travel advice (location and work content wise). Customer interfacing to staff in locations in which you are deployed, as well as direct contact with management, HR or several businesses and (external) third parties.
1. Support (site/health) management with integration of Occupational Health vision with site strategy and site-specific goals;
2. Support Health Management and teams in providing Occupational Health input for tactical direction;
3. Stakeholder management at site level. Support site with implementation, continuous improvement and learning of health management;
4. Services Occupational Health to both employees as well as contractors (with restrictions to legal and or elsewhere provided care);
5. Support industrial hygienist in health risk assessments, medical surveillance and exposure data management Collaborates in efficient delivery of health agenda for site, agreed services for own portfolio and GPA.
6. Takes care of “task delegation”;
7. Occupational Health Physician manages the medical end responsibility at location in collaboration with management, occupational health nurses, medical assistants, business support and industrial hygienists;
8. Delivery of Occupational Health support and advice to other locations in the ERCIS region or global as required.
1. Ensure Occupational Health of employees in planning, acting and checking according to the company's and Dutch legislations
2. Project management. In the work of an OHP there is structural time space (around 1 day a week) for company's projects that help to support the Health of employees and increases health and wellbeing of Shell and its COB’s.
3. Be pro-active in translation of actual global, regional, national and local themes and legislations in usable standards for the company (Health)
4. Contribute and set example for the company's health organization through change and implementing an efficient and continuous improvement way of working and mindset.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
1. An Occupational Health degree and being a certified and registered Occupational Health Physician;
2. At least 2 years post certification experience as occupational health physician
3. Proven track record of functional leadership experience and proven change management skills;
4. Proven track record of stakeholder management;
5. Proven track record of communication and interpersonal skills;
6. Proven track record of project management
7. A maintained sound knowledge on legal framework (company and Dutch) and guidelines (e.g. NVAB) on Occupational Health.
8. A maintained sound knowledge of Occupational Health issues, relevant to the customer base including first aid in chemical incidents.
9. Experience with working in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment
10. Fully meeting the Job Competence profiles for Health professionals JG 3;
11. Able to speak, read, write and understand English and Dutch.