We are looking for 2 Nuclear Design Engineers to support one of our clients in the state of VA.
We are looking for 2 Mid to Senior level Design Engineers with previous experience in the nuclear industry in similar roles and possession of DQR for Standard Design Process
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Develop design change packages to provide for engineered plant improvements and solutions to operations and maintenance problems which ensure long-term equipment reliability.
- Performing structural engineering design and analysis for PWR systems/structures/components to resolve complex technical issues.
- Preparation and review of plant configuration change packages and design calculations in accordance with plant procedures.
- Performing walkdowns to verify as-built conditions and confirm modification scope.
- Using advanced computer models to develop and study solution feasibility
- Preparing engineering documentation and assists with technical support for licensing and other regulatory proceedings
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience within the nuclear industry
- Knowledge of AISC, ACI, and ASME III NF design codes, NRC requirements for safety-related structures, and software analysis tools
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering