Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients to seek a Laboratory Technician to join them on a 12-month contract in Kansas City, Kansas.
- Performs routine physical and chemical testing of used oils for customer trending purposes.
- Collects analytical data, monitors quality control and performance of laboratory instruments.
- Provides laboratory assistance where minimal technical knowledge is required.
- Conducts standardized physical and chemical tests applicable to a wide range of products and product applications.
- Provides daily instrument test results and contributes to the completion of daily sample login responsibilities.
- Monitors the quality of test data by applying instrument data review; refers to work instructions or standard operating procedures, as necessary.
- Collects and enters, or sends, test results into the Global Used Oil Analysis Laboratory Information Management System (GUOALIMS).
- Supports Quality Practices & Guidelines (QP&G) in the facility by compliance with Data Integrity Assurance Framework (DIAF), Quality Assurance, Statistical Quality Control (SQC), and other applicable procedures and guidelines.
- Maintains integrity of recorded laboratory results.
- Maintains work area to facility housekeeping standards.
- Participates in physical shift changeover or information transfer via logbook.
- Receives, opens, sorts and logs in daily samples as necessary.
- Conveys instrument test results and other issues to appropriate personnel.
- Attends and participates in monthly Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS) meetings addressing facility Safety, Security, Health & Environment (SSH&E) requirements.
- Works together with other team members to provide monthly safety/housekeeping inspections.
- Participates in Loss Prevention Systems (LPS) Tools activities.
- Secures instrument certifications via the Collective Experience Matrix (CEM).
- Receives OIMS training annually. Participates in assigned OIMS activities.
Skills and Qualifications
- 4 year Science Degree or equivalent experience
- Technical knowledge