Our major client is seeking for a Lease Operator to work within their facilities located in Carlsbad, NM on a 12-month contract.
- Monitor wells at night and bring on wells that go down.
- Perform basic to intermediate level pumping skills which include but not limited to tank gauging/switching, the proper operation of heater/treaters, separators, gas lift compressors, valve alignment, downtime tracking, oil seals and seal records.
- Ability to repair equipment as needed.
- Operate properties to ensure all regulatory, environmental and safety compliance issues and goals are met.
- Daily production reporting and scheduling of oil and produced water movement.
- Seek ways to reduce direct lease operating expenses by noting problems and/or recommending courses of actions to supervisor.
- Operate wells and artificial lift methods to optimize production.
- Work on all types of production equipment, pumps, valves, treater dump valves, gas regulators, etc.
- Identify potential problems.
- Monitor chemical and lubricating oil usage at wells.
- Various other field related activities as required by supervisor.
- Prefer a minimum of 3-5 years of experience.
- Knowledge/experience in production.
- Gas lift experience is a plus
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills (familiarity with Microsoft Excel) and simple mathematical calculations.
- Must organize and plan daily work schedule.
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts, weekends, nights and holidays.
- Safety sensitive position subject to random drug and alcohol screening.
- Valid driver's license and clean record.
- HS Diploma or GED. Preferred - College Degree