Our client, a major Enery company, is hiring a Network Administrator I to work in a 12 months contract position located in Calgary, AB
- NOTE: After-hours on-call duties are part of this job.
- Business hours are 6am - 6pm and you will be schedule for a 9 hour shift inside of this window. NOTE: Start times can be as early as 6am or as late as 9am.
Reporting to the Team Lead of the Network Operations Center (NOC), this entry level position is responsible for providing first level network support, equipment maintenance and front-line customer support for all Telecom Systems under the Network Operations group. The position requires an energetic and mature individual who can function independently within the context of the company's Energys IS strategy and be a cohesive and complementary team member. The successful candidate will also be expected to provide regular after-hours on-call support.
Key responsibilities include:
- Acting as a first level support resource for network communication problems.
- Installing, programming and testing networking hardware (wired and wireless, cabling, etc.).
- Maintaining and repairing communication equipment.
- Producing and updating process and support documentation.
- Network monitoring, maintenance and reporting - including recording and tracking incidents in the central ticketing system.
- Providing exceptional customer service to clients.
- Communicating changes, outages to appropriate contacts.
- Continuous improvement of the overall operation to enhance reliability, availability and functionality of the systems and services provided by the department.
- Keeping current on industry products and technologies available for communications, (e.g. Internet services, protocols and networking equipment).
- Working closely with all departments within TC Energy to ensure solution execution and problem resolution
Qualifications and Education:
- A diploma in Network Systems (desirable from SAIT), Telecommunications or equivalent education /experience.
- Recent Graduate with 0 - 4 years experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a CCNA designation.
- Strong organizational skills with a proven attention to detail.
- Due to the dynamic nature of this area, the ability to function effectively in a multi-team environment and to adapt to multiple dynamic priorities, which can change with little advance notice, is mandatory.
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP and routing protocols (e.g. OSPF, EIGRP and BGP).
- Experience with Switching, Vlans, and spanning-tree is an asset
- Experience and understanding of Network services such as RADIUS, NTP, DNS and DHCP is an asset.
- Basic knowledge of wireless solutions would be an asset.
- Preference will be given to individuals with skills in protocol, performance and statistical analysis.