Airswift. Network Admin. Calgary, AB.
Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek an Network Admin to join them on a 12 months contract with the possibility to extend or go permanent with the company in Calgary, AB.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a first level support resource for network communication problems.
- Installing, programming and testing networking hardware (wired and wireless, cabling, etc.).
- Maintaining and repairing communication equipment.
- Producing and updating process and support documentation.
- Network monitoring, maintenance and reporting - including recording and tracking incidents in the central ticketing system.
- Providing exceptional customer service to clients.
- Communicating changes, outages to appropriate contacts.
- Continuous improvement of the overall operation to enhance reliability, availability and functionality of the systems and services provided by the department.
- Keeping current on industry products and technologies available for communications, (e.g. Internet services, protocols and networking equipment).
- NOTE: After-hours on-call duties are part of this job.
- A diploma or degree in a relevant field such as Telecommunications, Network Administration or equivalent experience).
- Preference will be given to candidates with a CCNA designation.
- Strong organizational skills with a proven attention to detail.
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP and routing protocols (e.g. OSPF, EIGRP and BGP).
- Experience with Switching, Vlans, and spanning-tree is an asset
- Experience and understanding of Network services such as RADIUS, NTP, DNS and DHCP is an asset.
- Basic knowledge of wireless solutions would be an asset.
Should you be interested in this opportunity with a leading O&G company, please apply to this advert with your up to date resume.