Our client is seeking a Water Recycling Operator to work within their facilities located in Carlsbad, NM for a 6-month assignment (with good possibilities of being perm). The work schedule consists of 7 on and 7 off - 12-hour shifts.
A Water Recycling Operator operates and monitors plant equipment at work locations to produce recycled water safely and efficiently. This is a very entry-level position, so not much experience is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor components of industrial plant including, but not limited to: gauges, pressure levels, flow levels, product quality and consistency, etc.
- Provide reporting as required
- Maintain and operate plant equipment, including, but not limited to: forklifts, light towers, air compressor, etc.
- Perform equipment pre-shift inspections and workplace examinations; make corrections or report as needed
- Perform preventative maintenance and equipment clean up as scheduled, to ensure all equipment is operating safely and efficiently
- Report any safety hazards to appropriate personnel
- Adjust process equipment, and determine when to start and stop equipment to make adjustments
- Monitor HMI data to determine that DAF levels are consistent with visual checks
- Use senses, such as sight and hearing to observe/monitor/report various functions of the plant
- Participate in and/or conduct any required training
- Follow all applicable policies and procedures
- Becomes familiar with MSDS, appropriate handling, spill control, spill clean-up, storage for hazardous materials and Intrepid Environmental Policies
ADDITIONAL SKILLS OR KNOWLEDGE
- One (1) year general labor and/or industrial or plant experience preferred
- Prior mobile DAF unit and filter press experience preferred
- Prior oil & gas water recycling experience preferred
- High school diploma or GED required
- Valid Driver’s License required