Airswift has been tasked by our client- a global specialty chemicals company to find two Millwrights to work on their plant in the Ohio River Valley on a short term contract assignment.
The Millwright will be critical in successfully increasing the productivity throughout the mechanical part of maintenance, resulting in less down time for the plant.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Operate welding equipment, cutting torches, lathes, milling machines, drill presses, hand tools, etc. to grind, file, and adjust machine parts to dimensional specifications
- Support the tank car unloading system
- Maintain the boilers, oiling and lubrication of mechanical rotating equipment, vibration analysis of all bearings and motors and maintenance of mechanical breakdowns
- Strive to maintain a safe work environment and injury free workplace
Previous education and experience required:
- Minimum of High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 6G Pipe Welding Certification required
- This is an extremely physical position. Individual must have problem solving skills, deal with environmental issues and work safely at all times with minimal supervision.
- Individual must have high degree of mechanical aptitude, a full understanding of coupling alignment, able to read dial indicators, balance fans, rebuild pumps, hydraulic cylinders, gear boxes, know the proper setup of bearings and bearings assemblies, rigging, and crane operation.
- Individual must be able to run piping with, or without, prints and be able to carry out instructions.