Our major client in Oil & Gas industry, a midstream operator, is seeking a Millwright to work within their facilities located in Fort St John, BC for a short-term assignment.
Summary: Millwrights install, maintain, troubleshoot, overhaul and repair stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Install, align, dismantle and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, furnaces and generators according to layout plans using hand and power tools
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes, jacks and tractors to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and programmable logic controls
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and grinders to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery
- Construct foundations for machinery or direct other workers to construct foundations
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Previous experience as a millwright or similar job.
- In-depth knowledge of construction equipment and machinery.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent mathematical skills.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
Work Schedule: 4 days on/ 3 days off (10 hours per day)