Our client, a major Oil and Gas company, is looking for a Midlle Office Analyst to work on a 6+ months contract in Houston, Texas.
- Learn to validate all transactions input into ETRM system and resolve any discrepancies with Traders. Produce daily report showing input errors.
- Produce and deliver timely all evidences for Sox control and any report for management review.
- Participate in key risk driver analysis, risk profiling and aggregation, and risk model development.
- Daily analysis of movement of market prices and understanding of Trader’s strategies whilst working closely with them to resolve any issues.
- Support the Market Risk team in any analytical requirements and have an understanding of the processes
- Support Credit Risk department with all daily and monthly activities
- Analyze risk parameters to verify they are within the approved tolerances and limits. Participate in risk technology/systems design and implementation.
- Provide back-up as required to the various other activities within the risk team
- Support regional and global process & procedure standardization initiatives
- Maximum 2 years relevant work experience in energy trading company specific to the natural Gas & Crude and Products Markets.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics discipline.
- Intermediate experience with excel and modeling, VBA is a plus.
- Self-starter, initiative driven, dependable, and works well under pressure.
- Excellent communications required to effectively interface with management, front-to-back office stakeholders and vendors for the various applications.
- Ability to work within a dynamic and international environment.
- Ability to seek for solutions, improvements and resolve problems.