Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients to seek a Middle Office Analyst to work in their facilities located in Houston, Texas on a 12-months renewable contract.
Responsibilities to include but are not limited to completing daily validation activities and risk management reporting for commodity-related transactions, measuring and monitoring portfolio risks, validating trades for accuracy and within prescribed limits.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Learn to validate all transactions input into ETRM system and resolve any discrepancies with Traders. Produce daily report showing input errors.
- Produce and deliver timely all evidences for Sox control and any report for management review.
- Participate in key risk driver analysis, risk profiling and aggregation, and risk model development.
- Daily analysis of movement of market prices and understanding of Trader’s strategies whilst working closely with them to resolve any issues.
- Support the Market Risk team in any analytical requirements and have an understanding of the processes
- Support Credit Risk department with all daily and monthly activities
- Analyze risk parameters to verify they are within the approved tolerances and limits. Participate in risk technology/systems design and implementation.
- Provide back-up as required to the various other activities within the risk team
- Support regional and global process & procedure standardization initiatives
Previous education & experience required:
- Self-starter, initiative driven, dependable, and works well under pressure.
- Maximum 2 years relevant work experience in energy trading company specific to the natural Gas & Crude and Products Markets.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics discipline.
- Intermediate experience with excel and modeling, VBA is a plus.
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a major Oil&Gas company please apply to this advert with your up-to-date resume. Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided.