Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients to find a Mechanical Technician to work on a 12-month contract in Richmond, CA.
The Shift Technician position is an integral part of a dedicated team consisting primarily of mechanics and technicians.
- There are 3 shifts (Morning, Swing, and Grave) and the worker is REQUIRED to be available for all three. The worker will work each shift two months at a time*
- Morning Shift: 6am-2pm; Swing Shift: 2pm-10pm; Grave Shift: 10pm-6am
- First 6 weeks will be training: 2 weeks morning shift, 2 weeks swing shift, 2 weeks grave shift
- Every 2 months will alternate shifts AND days of week working (Monday-Friday or Wednesday-Sunday)
- Works rotating (Day, Swing and Grave) shifts.
- Operates automotive test engines and vehicles according to established specifications.
- Monitors all operations and makes necessary adjustments to control systems to ensure specification compliance.
- Performs diagnosis of problems and makes repairs to test engines and control systems.
- Maintains adequate fuel supply to all engines and vehicles.
- Strong mechanical aptitude is essential.
0-2 years of relevant experience in the following areas:
- Experience working with automotive engines or mechanical systems
- Formal technical training in automotive mechanic/technology (ASE Certified or similar certification).
- Experience working in a technical environment.
- General engine knowledge through recent education or work experience.
- Monitoring and adjusting process control systems.
- Formal training in electronic instrumentation.
- Basic math skills (algebra).
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Basic computer skills, experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Formal training in automotive technology, electronics, or automated control systems
- Experience working shift work / off hours (highly desirable).
- High school diploma (or equivalent)