Our major client in Oil & Gas industry, is seeking a Mechanical Technician to work within their facilities located in Carlsbad, NM for a one year assignment.
- Estimates workload to establish completion dates.
- Assists mechanical engineers in the planning and testing of mechanical components, equipment, and machinery, such as engines, instruments, controls, robots, machines, etc.
- Helps prepare proposals and cost estimates. Actively participate in the use of all on the job safety tools
- Review job packs
- Identify any safety issues associated with job end ensure removal/mitigation prior to working
- Execute work as planned
- Record technical history as required by workgroup. (Global Reliability Tool (GRT), data sheet, etc.) –
- Provide feedback on job pack improvements to Execution FLS
- Request permits and notify Supervisor if permit cannot be issued within 30 minutes of requested time
- 15-20+ years of closely related field experience
- Strong communication skills; ability to clearly and concisely describe conditions in the field and recommend remediation steps –
- Team Player; exhibits effective teamwork when working with persons over whom the person may have no direct authority and willingness to assist others
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
Scope of work:
- Perform Plant Maintenance work, on reciprocating compressors, multi-stage centrifugal pumps, mechanical seal replacement, rebuild diaphragm pumps, piping, vessels, perform preventative & corrective maintenance on all plant equipment.
- Use CMMS electronic maintenance program for closing work orders, electronic permit system.
- Mechanics onsite are provided required tools and equipment to perform the required plant tasks.
- Candidate should be familiar with various compressors, pumps, and plant equipment typically utilized in the industry to process oil, gas & condensate.