MECHANICAL SUPERVISOR is responsible for the effectiveness and competence of the mechanical team under his supervision.
Role And Responsibilities:
- Manage And Supervise Effectively mechanical activities in
- Establish scope of work clearly (briefings, toolbox talks, presentations.)
- Plan and control use of resources effectively. (Personnel, time, materials, transport, IT).
- Use of communication skills shows leadership (oral, teambuilding, recording, noting, handover, analysing.
- Ensure all Maintenance (Routine and breakdown) is completed and recorded accurately and clearly
- Ensure all plant and machinery complies with Class and Inspections
- Dismantle, Repair and Reassemble Mechanical Equipment - Identify, check and prepare components and Apply appropriate tests and test equipment to ensure reassembly is correct and effective prior to reinstatement.
- Clearly record any checks and actions taken in work history/log
- Condition Monitor Mechanical Equipment: Obtain accurate readings and record in database
- Diagnose faults in Mechanical Equipment.
- Monitor and Maintain Pollution Control Measures
- Contribute to The Health and Safety of the Working Environment
Background and Experience:
- Mechanical Engineer academic qualifications
- Minimum 5 years offshore experience of which 3 must be at supervisor level
- Extensive experience in maintenance of oil pumps, gas compressors (reciprocating and centrifugal), water injection pumps, and power generation equipment
- FPSO experience desirable
- Fully experienced with PTW and Risk Assessment Techniques