Mechanical Package Engineer / Package Plant Engineer
Company - Global EPC company
Location - North East UK
Type - Contract / Freelance
Top reasons Why You Want to Work as a Mechanical Package Engineer for our Client:
- You will be working for one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of full spectrum technical services throughout multiple sectors.
- You will be working for a company that foster a collaborative and inclusive environment.
- Long term contract on offer.
- You will be reporting in to senior members of the team, being accountable for your own work scopes on varying scales and complexity, being responsible for the structural analysis an designs in a a multi discipline environment, ensuring time, cost and quality are met.
- Frequent visits to site will be made to ensure quality of work is met.
Mechanical Package Engineer?Job Responsibilities:
- The requirement to undertake a Package Engineering role to coordinate Specific Equipment and Equipment Packages including all documentation associated with the project as part of a vendor design / supply package.
- The requirement to undertake Layout, design and specification of mineral processing, metallurgical and hydrometallurgical processing facilities and materials handling facilities for studies and engineering contracts as defined by the vendor packages.
- Perform the above functions including the instigation of the mechanisms that ensure safety in design is achieved, together with related engineering legislation e.g. CDM, Machinery Directive, CE Marking, DSEAR, ATEX etc
- Support the engineering discipline manager in non-project based activities such as writing procedures, resource planning, establishing policy, budgeting, recruitment etc, to support the drive to continuously improve and optimise the operation of the department
- Applicant must be capable of delivering project scope of work safely, against programme, within budget and to required quality.
- Mobility & flexibility to travel and work away from the home office base will be required.
- Lead functional input to own projects, including where relevant leading the input of other (possibly multidisciplinary) engineers and subcontractors, to ensure engineering delivery meets scope, time, cost and quality
- Ensure that work complies with all necessary corporate, departmental and legislative requirements and procedures, to guarantee that the necessary consistency and quality of delivery is maintained.
- Generate and check engineering estimates and execution strategies to provide optimal solutions and eliminate errors
- Required to specify and technically select equipment for procurement satisfying project requirements.
- Manage suppliers to ensure cost effective, timely delivery
- Proactively generate value adding options within projects to offer to clients to improve both the chance of winning work and satisfaction with completed and ongoing work
What Will You Need in This Role as a Mechanical Package Engineer??
- A degree in mechanical or mineral engineering required; an advanced or supplementary degree would be an asset;
- Experience in the design and layout of mineral processing plants from receipt to final product.
- Team leadership capability, excellent technical skills, commercial awareness are essential.
- Ability to work to procedures, standards and project systems as required.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills essential.
- A working knowledge of both 2D AutoCAD and 3D Modelling, in particular SmartPlant 3D.
- Good knowledge of MS Office software is essential.
- Understanding and knowledge in some or all the following processes is required: Crushing/Screening, Stockpiling, Material Handling, Product storage Handling
- 10 to 15 years of experience in the design of mineral processing, materials handling or hydrometallurgical ore processing facilities. This could include time in an engineering organisation or in an operations environment.
- Relevant site-based experience advantageous.
Mechanical Package Engineer? / Package Plant Engineer
Mechanical, Package, Mechanical Package Engineer, Engineering, EPC, Home office, 2D, 3D, AutoCAD, SmartPlant, SP, Plant, Plant Engineer, Construction, Contract, Freelance, Freelancer, Material handling, Crushing, Screening, Design, Stockpiling, Modelling, Mineral Processing, Mineral Process, Facility, CDM, Machinery Directive, CE Marking, DSEAR, ATEX, Recruiting, Hiring, Airswift, Product Storage Handling, layout, Vendor Design, Supply Package, Engineering Contracts, Long term, 3D Modelling
Summary on Airswift:
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
If you would like to be considered for this role and would like further details please apply now!