Mechanical Layout Designer
Company - Global EPC company
Location - North East UK
Type - Contract / Freelance
Top reasons Why You Want to Work as a Mechanical Layout Designer for our Client:
- You will be working for one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of full spectrum technical services throughout multiple sectors.
- You will be working for a company that foster a collaborative and inclusive environment.
- Long term contract on offer.
- You will be reporting in to senior members of the team, being accountable for your own work scopes on varying scales and complexity, being responsible for the structural analysis an designs in a a multi discipline environment, ensuring time, cost and quality are met.
- Frequent visits to site will be made to ensure quality of work is met.
Mechanical Layout Designer? Job Responsibilities:
- The layout and design of mineral processing, metallurgical and hydrometallurgical processing facilities and materials handling facilities for studies and engineering contracts.
- This will involve developing layouts, and designs for the full range of projects from scoping study through to engineering contracts using information provided by the process department in the form of data sheets, process design basis and flowsheets. The ability to both understand and develop basic process information into both conceptual and final design plant layouts is paramount in achieving the job requirement.
- An understanding of the mechanisms that ensure safety in design is of utmost importance, together with related engineering legislation e.g. CDM, Machinery Directive, CE Marking, DSEAR, ATEX,
- Plan and prioritise own work to ensure that functional project requirements on scope, time and cost are met.
- Carry out design activities and calculations, including the production of 2D and 3D CAD drawings, schedules, other documents, manhour estimates for CAD work, interpreting clients’ technical specifications and other related activities, to meet project requirements.
- Ensure that work complies with all necessary corporate, departmental and legislative requirements and procedures, to guarantee that the necessary consistency and quality of delivery is maintained.
What Will You Need in This Role as a Mechanical Layout Designer?
- An HNC in mechanical or mineral engineering is essential however a degree in mechanical engineering would be an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the design and plant layout of mineral processing, materials handling facilities or hydrometallurgical ore processing facilities. This could include time in an engineering organisation or in an operations environment.
- Excellent knowledge and efficient use of 2D AutoCAD is essential, ideally the candidate should also be proficient in the use of 3D modelling, specifically SmartPlant 3D.
- Understanding and knowledge in some or all the following process areas is required: Crushing/Screening, Stockpiling, Material Handling, Product storage Handling.
- Experience in the design and layout of mineral processing plants.
- Good knowledge of MS Office software is essential.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills essential.
- Mobility & flexibility to travel and work away from the home office base will be required.
Mechanical Layout Designer
Mechanical, Design, Layout Design, Package, Mechanical Engineer, Engineering, EPC, Home office, 2D, 3D, AutoCAD, SmartPlant, SP, Plant, Plant Engineer, Construction, Contract, Freelance, Freelancer, Material handling, Crushing, Screening, Design, Stockpiling, Modelling, Mineral Processing, Mineral Process, Facility, CDM, Machinery Directive, CE Marking, DSEAR, ATEX, Recruiting, Hiring, Airswift, Product Storage Handling, layout, Vendor Design, Supply Package, Engineering Contracts, Long term, 3D Modelling,
Summary on Airswift:
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
If you would like to be considered for this role and would like further details please apply now!