MECHANICAL ISOLATING AUTHORITY
Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek a Mechanical Isolating Authority to work within their facilities in Labrador Muskrat Falls for an initial 5-month contract.
Within this position, you will be responsible for performing both office and field mechanical activities for the purpose of implementing or verifying observance of various legislation, governing documentation, and policies and procedures. Alongside this, will ensure that all required isolations effectively protect workers from the potential release of hazardous energy.
- Ensure implementation of, and full compliance with the requirements of Permit to Work (PTW) and LOTO Programs
- Support requests to suspend, change, extend or cancel an existing permit that involves Isolations
- Control all documentation associated with isolations.
- Review and approve contractor Permit applications that include/require isolations such as supporting documentation for isolation plans when submitted as part of a Permit to Work application
- Monitor open Permits periodically to confirm that the Permit Receiver is working within the permitted work scope
- Apply and confirm isolations as per the completed Isolation Certificates
- Conduct field audits of isolations to ensure compliance with this Program and the completed Isolation Certificate as directed by the Isolation Coordinator
Previous education and experience required:
- College graduation with a Technology diploma in an Engineering related discipline, or appropriate electrical trade certification with field experience
- 5-7 years’ experience in a related field
- Experience working in energized installations
- Knowledge of Permit to Work (PTW) and LOTO Programs
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Regulatory Requirements, Construction Industry Best Practices, CSA-Z462 workplace electrical safety and Industry standard best practices for commissioning, maintenance and operation of Powerhouse, Spillway, Intake and Tailrace related equipment is a plus