Our major client in the oil and gas industry is seeking a Mechanical Inspector (Pressure Equipment and Piping) to work on a 2 years contract in Kitimat, BC.
- Oversee welding, installation, inspection, and testing of piping and mechanical equipment
- Attend inspection Witness and Hold points as per approved ITPs
- Monitor in-process inspections as per ITPS and Inspection Requests to ensure work proceeds in accordance to specifications, the approved drawings, and procedures
- Review Inspection and Test Records (ITRs) to ensure compliance with project requirements, codes, and specifications
- Ensure contractors are using testing, measuring, welding, and NDE equipment that is calibrated and certified as per specification
- Verify equipment is preserved per the supplier’s recommendation and the approved preservation procedures.
- Witness / Participate in equipment receiving inspection to identify damage or deficiencies.
- Actively participate in the Flawless Project Delivery (FPD) walk-down program
- Monitor NDE and PWHT processes
- Assist in Quality audits upon request
- Issue and follow up on Non-conformance Reports.
- Attend Mechanical Completion / Pre-commissioning final walk-down and sign on behalf of the owner
- Raise punch and verify punch items as soon as work is complete.
- Provide resolution of ongoing quality issues in consultation with discipline and construction engineers.
- Conduct quality surveillance at contactors to promote the company’s quality culture
- Demonstrate commitment towards personal and process safety and quality
- Valid driving license
- At least 10 years of relevant construction quality experience and sound knowledge in material, welding, NDE inspection, and general construction activities.
- Certification and experience in welding and NDE such as CWI, CWB, CGSB, API, or ASNT in the oil and gas industry
- Experience and solid knowledge of industrial codes and standards (CSA, AWS, ASME B31.3, ASME B 31.1, ASME Section I, V, VIII, VIIII, ISO 9001, API, etc) in a construction environment.
You will stand out if you have:
- Experience with modularized projects and green field projects
- Experience with Canadian and BC standards, codes, and regulations
Schedule: 10h/day, 7 days/week, 3 weeks on/ 10 days off.