Airswift has been tasked by one of our clients a major engineering firm to seek a Mechanical Engineering Professional Associate to work on a 12 months contract to work remotely.
- Responsible for performing all aspects of engineering and design; independently applies advanced engineering techniques and analysis within the discipline.
- Develop designs that require innovation and ingenuity.
- Performs work with little to no supervision and reviews work of discipline team for adequacy on completion.
- Provides technical guidance to drafters/designers and engineers.
- Responsible for performance appraisals and other aspects of the evaluation (E3) process if in a lead position.
- Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation of advanced engineering techniques, procedures, analyses, and criteria for problems and methods.
- Performs a variety of engineering work in the initial planning and design phase of equipment, systems, or processes.
- Establishes design criteria in accordance with industry standards Writes scopes of work, estimates time and effort required to perform work, predicts staffing needs, completes staffing matrices, plans the execution of the project from kickoff through IFC, completes DRB matrices, drawing list(s), etc.
- Prepares specifications and provides input to define necessary subcontracts and requisitions:
- Experience: 6 - 15+ years
- Has deep knowledge of multiple subject areas or disciplines as well as a thorough understanding of business objectives, priorities, and strategy for own area, and understands industry practices and competitors.
- Requires extensive progressive facilities mechanical engineering experience including HVAC, hydronics, equipment selection, process exhaust, drains, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to identify various options to solve technical problems, describe pros and cons of each option and present options/findings to the entire design team as well as client technical staff (engineers, architects, operations, etc.)
- Has successfully acted as design engineer in all areas of discipline Successfully acts (or acting) as discipline lead on large multi-discipline project
- Demonstrated ability to successfully coach and mentor staff Reports to project manager at the project level.
- Reports to discipline manager at the discipline level.
- Associate Engineer Qualifications: BS or MS degree in engineering from ABET-accredited program/institution FE required.