Airswift. Mechanical Engineer. Schiedam, Netherlands.
Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek a Mechanical Engineer to join them in Schiedam, Netherlands.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the engineering of all mechanical equipment installed on offshore floating production storage and offloading installations. This involves all process-, marine- and utility equipment, rotating equipment, pressure retaining equipment, packaged units as well as material handling and hoisting equipment.
- Will be either leading a project team of several mechanical package engineers or act as a package engineer handling the major mechanical packages on a project.
- As a Mechanical Package Engineer you will be involved in the selection and optimization of the best fitting and most economic equipment for an application.
- Will be responsible for all technical related matters after equipment has been purchased and shall make sure that the equipment is properly integrated into the overall offshore installation.
- Key role in assuring that the equipment complies with all technical requirements, that the appropriate quality is provided and that the design is safe, maintainable and well operable.
- Preparation of specifications.
- Performing technical evaluations.
- Liaise with purchasing department.
- Intermediate between equipment supplier and internal engineering disciplines.
- Coordinate the integration of equipment.
- Review of vendor drawings and calculations.
- Inspections of equipment.
- MSc or BSc degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in the Oil & Gas production industry.
Should you be interested in this opportunity with a leading company, please apply to this advert with your up to date resume.