Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Midstream clients to seek a Mechanical Engineer to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX for a 12-months assignment.
· Ensure that all compressor station and metering facilities are designed in accordance with all regulations, applicable industry codes and corporate standards.
· Define the scope, schedule, and budget for the design and materials for compressor station and metering facility projects.
· Manage the execution of the design deliverables by a third-party engineering firm against the project budget and schedule. Review and approve design deliverables, for example drawings, technical reports and material listing sheets.
· Participate in design review meeting with engineering firm, Project Manager, Operations, and Construction personnel to discuss the scope, design, and expected performance as well as work out constructability issues.
· Review vendor materials quotations, prepares technical evaluations, and recommends selections based on technical merit along with price and delivery. For example: gas compression equipment, vessels, buildings, generators, pipe, valves and fittings.
- Review lessons learned from past projects and incorporate recommendations into future designs. Actively identify and communicate new lessons learned and quality incidents for assigned projects. Support department initiatives as required.
- 80% of work is office-based working with multiple project teams. 20% of time is in the field scoping projects or supporting procurement, construction, and commissioning activities.
· Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering field.
- 7+ years of Engineering experience. Experience with natural gas design for compressor station and metering facilities.
· A valid driver’s license, which will be verified with a motor vehicle check prior to hire.
· Work independently, managing multiple projects and prioritizing tasks accordingly.
· Problem solving through use of standards, modification of standards and/or previous experience.
· Effectively communicate technical issues and impacts to other technical and non-technical staff.
Nice to Have:
· Knowledgeable and understand CFR 192 and other relevant codes.
· Time sensitive deliverables.
· Work requires strong computer skills typically using Microsoft Office applications.