Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil & Gas clients to seek a Mechanical Engineer to work in Sabine Pass, TX for a 2-years contract position.
- Evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed in accordance with Company specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitates effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines that align with the team’s goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Assures accurate and timely communication among the team and other company.
- Responsible for all piping mechanical design for the project-wide scope (including brownfield modifications) considering the full life cycle of the facilities.
- Make sure compliance with critical pipe stress calculations results aligned with equipment and piping layout and placement including pipe supports configurations.
- Works with the Environmental & Regulatory (E&R) Group to ensures compliance with all FERC permits/requirements and code compliance.
- Review, assess, and approve piping field engineering design changes. Perform field surveillance of piping installation (placement and layout) monitoring compliance with project specifications.
- Interface with Construction and Quality personnel to provide expertise in the resolution of non-conformance reports, evaluation of specification deviations including field design change requests.
- Monitor Contractor’s piping installation execution, cleaning activities, punch listing and completions.
- 10+ years of closely related professional experience, static equipment experience.
- Field mechanical engineering experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent professional experience.
- Advanced knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria.
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities.
- ????Willingness to work in the field 50-75%.
- FERC and PHMSA project experience.