Mechanical engineer / Senior Mechanical engineer – Chemicals project
Location – Hybrid working (London / Stockton / Manchester)
Contract – 12 Months renewable PAYE
Timeframe – ASAP
Recruitment partner – Airswift
Account Manager – Anthony Hughes
As a global leading provider of engineering, procurement and construction management expertise to the energy, chemicals, and resources sectors we are proud to be able to expand our UK team and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans.
We are currently recruiting for a number of mechanical engineer(s) and senior mechanical engineer(s) for a billion-dollar, international, large chemicals processing facility project being delivered from our London/Manchester/Stockton office(s). The project will contribute towards European energy transition targets through the delivery of sustainable battery materials for transportation. You will provide engineering services, including technical support and supervision within the process engineering team.
The successful individual(s) will be engaged on PAYE contract basis for an initial 12-month period, with the likelihood of further renewals to follow, expected 2+ years of work on the project.
· Delivering Mechanical engineering services that meet its customer and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget
· Writing and checking mechanical specifications and data sheets
· Writing and checking technical content documents to support Enquiry Requisitions
· Reviewing Supplier bid documents
· Compiling and checking Technical Bid Evaluations to capture technical bid clarification responses
· Coordinating Bid Clarification Meetings and fully responsible for discussion of technical content
· Acting as a single focal point for supplier document review and approval for several equipment packages
· Monitoring assigned packages for technical compliance, contractual compliance, and QA/QC compliance
· Considering the environmental, commercial, safety and operational aspects of design
· Responsible for review and integration of and Client specifications and standards into the equipment design and quality standards
· Liaising with multi-discipline project teams, project/engineering management and Client representatives for project activities as required
· Progress monitoring to maintain the schedules and reporting of progress to management
· Reporting of issues related to management of change
· Identifying risks in the workplace, on site and in the project, work undertaken
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject.
· Experienced engineer with sound technical background and expertise.
· Experienced in the use of appropriate codes of practice, standards, and relevant sections of statutory documentation
· Experienced in the use of design and assessment methods used within discipline.
· Competent in use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs
· Ability to think creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems
· Able to estimate man-hours and materials for delegated aspects of work
· Experienced in quality control requirements and quality assurance for engineering work
· Competent in design safety/environmental requirements, procedures, and responsibilities for both self and subordinates
· Team player experienced in working collaboratively to identify the best solutions for problems encountered and tenacity to drive these solutions with satisfactory application up to a conclusion
· Adopt the principles related to diversity and inclusion