Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients to seek a Mechanical Engineer to work within their facilities located in San Jose, CA for a 12-month contract.
- Work as a Process/Mechanical Engineer.
- Work on projects at some of the world’s most state-of-the-art industrial and commercial facilities.
- Reports to discipline lead, and project manager at the project level. Reports to discipline coordinator and discipline manager at the discipline level.
- You’ll be accountable for the schedule and technical quality of challenging engineering tasks, as you gain familiarity with the client’s expectations, scope, budget, and schedule.
- You’ll also provide on-site assistance during startup, coordinating work activities with other staff members and the discipline lead.
- Your multi-discipline, highly interactive team will successfully deliver on the design, development, application, evaluation, recommendation, and specification of engineered systems and products.
- As part of our team, you’ll be surrounded by expert mentorship opportunities to help you thrive in your engineering career.
- Performs and properly documents/annotates engineering calculations, both manual and computer-generated.
- Develops drawings for equipment layouts and facility systems and interconnects.
- Generates P&IDs.
- Selects discipline-specific equipment and materials of construction.
- Writes technical specifications,
- Coordinates and resolves conflicts with other disciplines to deliver complete design package(s).
- Develops a thorough understanding of the needs of the other disciplines.
- Conducts code studies/analyses.
- Refines communication and presentation skills, coordinates information flow within a design team and across the disciplines.
- Supervises and directs entry or intermediate-level designers/drafters.
- Can function as discipline lead engineer on smaller projects and supervise a small project team of entry-level engineers and designers of any level.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years of facility work experience.
- Practical application of mechanical engineering, including process piping.
- Engineer in Training (EIT).
- Must be able to work onsite - Must be either fully vaccinated or adhere to daily testing for COVID-19.