Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients to seek an experienced Designer to work within their office located in Houston, TX for an initial 12-month contract.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Resolve issues, coordinate / communicate with a multi-discipline design team.
- Lead medium size multi-discipline projects.
- Prepare P&IDs as directed by supervising engineer, and prepare/direct preparation of piping layouts, plans, sections, details, and isometrics as required by specific project.
- Prepare piping drawings from P&IDs, field notes and previous designs.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Associate degree preferred, or additional experience in lieu of degree.
- 10 years of experience chemical plant design experience.
- Experience with 3D design a plus. Experience with AutoCAD Plant 3D is required.
- Experience with MicroStation "J" or AutoCAD 2010 is required, experience in MS V8I preferred.
- Desire to lead, take on responsibility and communicate with others.
- Desire to learn new skills and train others.
- Familiar with chemical piping materials.
- Cost estimating experience a plus.
- Able to work independently and coordinate within small teams.