Contract Mechanical Design Engineer – Machinery
Key Skills: Mechanical Design, large heavy machinery and Creo is a must have
Location: Huddersfield, Oldham or Greater Manchester Area
Contract: This is a long term 12 month + contract role
Timeframe: Role has full sign off and budget, and interviews can be held within 1 week. Start date based on your availability.
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Account Manager: Robert Jones
Key words: Industrial machinery, Conveyors, Water systems, Factory, Capital Equipment, Bespoke Machinery, System design, Food machinery, Paper Machinery Packaging Machinery, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Rotating machinery, Component and material selection, CAD packages, Solidworks, Calculations, Creo, design, BS8888, Sheet metal, Fabrication, Manufacturing methods, Extrusion, Manufacturing methods, ERP / SAP related systems
Our International business units are true pioneers in Industrial machinery, manufacturing & process technology and are proud to announce a strong order book and financial end to 2020 and are thrilled that we can expand our team and offer someone a career opportunity to work in our bustling design department.
This role offers the opportunity to be genuinely involved from initial design, through to manufacturing and installation. We are open to backgrounds and experience, but due to the nature of our work we do require someone with previous experience in big / heavy machinery and someone who is able to work on truly bespoke machinery design, not just design modification.
Key Responsibilities and background:
- Work closely with multiple teams to create, develop and achieve groundbreaking new designs and systems for our customers from concept, to design and build through to testing and installation – We genuinely want you to be involved in all stages of the equipment manufacturing process.
- Contribute innovative ideas for continuous improvement of machine design
- Develop and manage tasks within the design team. Man-management experience is not essential for this position
Skills & Personal Attributes:
- 6+ years of experience in an engineering/ design office
- HNC, HND or BEng. Mechanical Engineering (other technical degree’s acceptable, alongside a solid engineering background)
- Experience with design machinery and large mechanical systems
- Detail drawing to BS8888 would be advantageous
- Component and material selection experience
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager Robert Jones.