Airswift has been tasked by one of its major clients to find a Mechanical Design Technician, to work on an 11-month contract (Hillsboro, OR). The professional will collaborate with a team of designers and engineers as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in order to design and draft mechanical systems for construction, including HVAC, Utilities, Plumbing, and Fire Protection.
- High school graduate diploma or equivalent
- At least 3 years of AutoCAD design experience
- At least 2 years of work with building mechanical systems and equipment
- Technical or Associate’s degree in relevant field
- Smart Plant or NavisWorks
- Industrial design experience including high-tech manufacturing, semiconductor facilities, data centers, or similar
- Semiconductor fabrication tool install design experience preferred
Day-to-Day duties and responsibilities:
- Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical equipment, dies, tools, and controls, using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment.
- Position instructions and comments onto drawings.
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
- Check the dimensions of materials to be used and assign numbers to the materials.