Our client is seeking a Mechanic to work within their facilities located in Spokane, WA, for a 3-month assignment (subject to extension)
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on buildings, structures, grounds, machinery and equipment.
- Lubricates equipment and checks for malfunctions; replaces packing in pumps or valves; replaces bearings in motors, pumps, and other equipment; tunes engines, sets valve clearances, cleans and adjusts regulators.
- Analyzes equipment failures to determine cause and to prevent recurrences.
- Installs and sets up new equipment.
- Cleans out pipes and performs other plumbing and pipe fitting tasks as required.
- Uses gas and / or arc welding equipment to heat, cut, braze or weld.
- Assists in keeping maintenance records.
- Communicates effectively at all levels regarding recommended maintenance and repair procedures.
- Follows written and oral instructions.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Two years experience in the maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Knowledge of the methods, materials, equipment and tools used in the construction, repair and operation of engines, pumps and other mechanical equipment related to wastewater treatment plant operations and procedures (preferred).