Our client, a major engineering company, is hiring a Wastewater Mechanic to work on a 3-month contract located in Wilmington, Delaware.
The professional will perform the full array of duties included, but not limited to, the installation, maintenance, and repair of the wastewater treatment plant and lift station equipment and demonstrates a full understanding of all applicable policies, procedures, and work methods associated with assigned duties.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Basic principles, practices, tools, equipment and supplies required to maintain and repair a wastewater treatment system, including pumps, motors, valves and piping.
- Basic principles and practices of preventative maintenance.
- Basic safety practices related to the work, including confined space entry and Lock out tag out.
- Ability to learn to perform semi-skilled work related to the installation, inspection, maintenance and repair of wastewater treatment equipment.
- Learn to safely use hand and power tools related to the work and drive and operate trucks and other equipment.
- Interpret and explain laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Make accurate mathematical calculations.
- Read maps, manuals and specifications.
- Assist in responding effectively to emergency situations and troubleshooting such situations.
- Maintain accurate logs, records, and basic written records of work performed.
- Ability to follow instructions related to performing preventative and corrective maintenance on wastewater treatment equipment.
- Solve problems and work in a team environment to accomplish the mission of protecting the environment and serving the citizens of the Wilmington area.
Nice to have:
- Previous experience working with wastewater treatment system.
- Must be Mechanical Inclined
- Experience with hand and power tools
- Basic safety practice
- Previous experience
- Experience with Lock out tag out (LOTO)
Must be legally authorized to work in the US