Airswift — Mechanic I — Canton, Michigan.
Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek a Mechanic I to join them on a 3-month contract (temp to hire) located in Canton, Michigan.
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on buildings, structures, grounds, machinery, and equipment.
- Lubricates equipment and checks for malfunctions; replaces packing in pumps or valves; replaces bearings in motors, pumps, and other equipment; tunes engines, sets valve clearance, cleans, and adjusts regulators.
- Analyzes equipment failures to determine the cause and to prevent recurrences.
- Installs and sets up new equipment
- Cleans out pipes and performs other plumbing and pipefitting tasks as required
- Uses gas and/or arc welding equipment to heat, cut, braze, or weld
- Assists in keeping maintenance records
- Recommend and follow maintenance and repair procedures
- Performs other duties as required
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 years of experience in the maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Possess a valid driver’s license