Airswift. Mechanic. Pembroke Pines, FL.
Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek Mechanic to join them on a 12 months contract with the possibility to extend or even transition into Direct hire.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be able to adequately perform periodic heavy manual labor under adverse conditions.
- Must have valid drivers License.
- Knowledge of occupational safety rules and practices as they relate to confined spaces and mechanical equipment.
- Skill in the safe operation of associated mechanical and electronic equipment as it relates to the installation, repair and maintenance of waste water and water plant pumps, motors, piping, and structures. This equipment may include, but not be limited to hydraulic and/or manually operated hoist, portable power tools, volt/amp meters and other electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Ability to understand and comprehend electrical schematic/utility drawings as they relate to lift stations, water plants and sewage treatment facilities. Also understand and comprehend pump and/or motor diagrams
- Ability to use a variety of manually operated and/or electric/pneumatic powered hand held tools such as, but not necessarily limited to, socket wrenches, open end box wrenches, screw drivers, drills, impact drivers, and saws in an efficient and effective manner.
- At times, may be required to use such tools while bending, kneeling, stooping, standing, sitting, and/or stretching.
- Ability to safely set up and operate large tools such as pneumatic jack hammer, hydraulic and diesel powered pumps, hydraulic and gasoline driven saws.
- Ability to work during night and/or early morning hours or for extended periods when required.
- Ability to participate in weekly rotating "after hours" call out duty that requires prompt response on a 24 hour bases including weekends and holidays.
Should you be interested in this opportunity with a leading O&G company, please apply to this advert with your up to date resume.