Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is hiring a Measurement Technician (Office Position) to work in a 1-year contract located in Lloydminster, SK.
This is an office position that requires occasional site visits to Operational facilities.
The professional will support the Cold and Thermal Maintenance teams with measurement related programs and initiatives to ensure the business meets Alberta Energy Regulator (AER) and Saskatchewan Ministry of Energy & Resources (ER) measurement regulatory requirements.
- Develop and implement processes and tools to increase measurement regulatory assurance over maintenance activities in Lloyd Thermal and Cold/EOR.
- Assist in the creation and management of master lists for regulatory meter maintenance and product sampling. Include truck scales and truck offload metering where applicable.
- Ensure master list alignment with SAP Preventative Maintenance (PM) plans to meet regulatory frequency requirements.
- Support Maintenance staff in validating calibration/proving reports and tracking results.
- Validate product sample analysis reports where necessary and ensure end devices are updated appropriately.
- Complete new meter installation and commissioning checks when needed
- Support the refinement of Maintenance processes to align with the needs of Enhanced Production Audit Program.
- Maintenance processes:
- Preventative Maintenance (PM) equipment and frequency vetting for calibration/proving and product sampling.
- PM task list reviews and procedure alignment.
- Initial measurement system verification or proving when new devices are installed and gas analysis validation and end device updates.
- Deliver expectations and training to affected stakeholders on all the above processes.
- Confirm all calibration and proving report templates are appropriate and consistent across the business.
- Support the Maintenance teams
- Support the annual EPAP evaluation or other regulatory assessments by ensuring the data request is fulfilled for Maintenance focused activities.
- Complete all data collection for Maintenance focused requests and controls.
- Work with the Maintenance teams as necessary to ensure data requests are fulfilled.
- 5 years or more of experience related to industrial and instrument experience.
- 5 years relevant experience in the Oil and Gas industry
- Familiar with oil and gas facilities and equipment
- Electrical and instrumentation experience
- Diploma in instrumentation technology or other relevant disciplines
- Journeyman Instrumentation or equivalent discipline
- Strong working knowledge of the provincial regulatory bodies and their requirements for production measurement
- Strong working knowledge with various forms of measurement systems, sample techniques and electronic flow measurement
- Familiarity with measurement schematics and production accounting principles