Airswift – Material Planner – Kuparuk- North Slope, AK. 6 months contract
Airswift has been tasked by one of our O&G clients to seek a Material Planner to join them on a 6 month contract with the possibility to extend or transition into a permanent role in the North slope on a rotational schedule.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Runs and maintains an efficient and successful inventory management.
- Maintains integrity of the physical inventory by location.
- Responsible for year-end physical inventory counts as well as daily/weekly/monthly cycle counts.
- Develops and maintains procedures to identify Min/Max reorder quantities.
- Develops and maintains process to identify time sensitive items and ensure availability.
- Develops process for automatic re-stock of high use items.
- Maintains records/spreadsheets for repairs and plan for future requirements based on orders, production schedules and forecasts.
- Implements auditing process for accuracy of data entry and cost.
- Oversees timelines of reports and data entry for purchasing, receiving, shipping and repairs.
- Directly supervise the deliver and utilization material, equipment and resources, and acting as part of a Project Management Team (PMT} reporting to a Project Leader overseeing the execution of a specific project.
- Prepare and update weekly logistics, schedule to assure deliveries to construction locations.
- Coordinate daily activity to track location and movement of inventory finished goods and raw materials via railcars, barges, and trucks.
- Source as needed project equipment and resources through the CPAI support system.
- Reviews inventory position daily and weekly against outstanding orders and takes action to expedite inbound shipments to meet demands
- Managing the resolution of project related material procurement, logistics, and site handling issues.
Education & experience required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Three years or more of supply chain management or engineering experience on oil I gas and Civil Structural projects in a logistics or materials coordinator and/or supervision role.*
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Explorer, Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Bachelor Degree in Construction Management or another Engineering or related field preferred.
- Previous major construction or engineering experience in Alaska or a similar arctic environment is a plus.
- Experienced in SAP, JDE, Microsoft Project, and Primavera are an asset