Airswift – Materials Manager – Belle Chasse, LA.
Airswift has been tasked by one of our O&G clients to seek a Materials Manager to join them on a long term contract in Belle Chasse, LA
The Warehouse Materials Controller/Material Manager receives, inspects, locates, delivers, issues, ships, cycle counts and generally controls the flow of materials from the warehouse to the laydown yard and issues to end user.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Verifying by visual and technical inspection all incoming purchases in accordance to purchase order specifications and conformance with refining practices which requires color coding, positive material identification, testing, and measuring as specified.
- Tagging of all incoming materials with bar-coded labels is required for inspection and locating
- Locating all incoming stock and non-stock materials to appropriate bin locations or specified storage areas after receipt verification via bar-coded tags.
- Determining methods of storage, identification, and stock location, considering commodity, temperature, humidity, height and weight limits, turnover, floor loading capacities, and required space
- Delivering stock and non-stock materials to designated areas via forklift, truck, or walking.
- Pick requested stock materials via electronic pick lists or verbal, emergency requests.
- Delivering to specified areas may be required Picking is done manually, in accordance to weight/body limitations, order picker, hand truck, or forklift
- Issue material to end user with correct documentation
- Shipping out repairable materials or nonconformance receipts via vendor trucks, hot shots, UPS, air-freight, or motor freight in accordance with specified procedures i.e., MSDS, bill of ladings, return authorizations, approved purchase orders, and approved vendor/manufacturer's listings
- Counting in accordance with specified area procedures to assure accurate inventories.
- Compiling and reconciling exception reports based on discrepancies due to shortages, overages, damages, or system inaccuracies.
- Requisitioning stores stock materials on an emergency basis.
- Requisitioning non-stock related inventory items periodically
Previous education & experience required:
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must be at least 18
- Ability to operate a fork lift and be certified or certifiable
- Know and observe safe work practices
- Must currently hold or be able to qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Work outside in harsh weather conditions
- To lift up to 50 pounds
- SAP is a plus