Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is hiring a Materials Coordinator to work on a long-term contract (2-years) located in Baytown, TX.
The Materials Coordinator will perform and\or manage all the activities necessary to enable effective end-to-end coordination of materials in support of Projects.
- Acts as the interface between the business unit and procurement.
- Actively interacts with planning, inventory, vendors, buyers, and maintenance on a daily basis by providing customer support, effective & timely communication, alignment with business practices/controls, and a high level of materials and services fulfillment for site maintenance activities.
- Provide input on a risk-based equipment spares stock that optimizes reliability versus cost –
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with supporting departments, promote a continuous improvement mindset
- Assist with returning parts to stock and/or vendor for credit, and core management within the mining industry
- Assist the business in executing system transactions and coordination of the logistics for repair and return stock materials
- Material Sourcing:
o Work with Plant Maintenance
o Identify opportunities to consume and destock inventory
o Responsible for P2P recycle, identifying root causes, and driving resolutions
- 10-15 years of closely related professional experience
- Bachelors degree required
- Strong knowledge of SAP material catalogs and search tools
- Strong knowledge of how and where materials are used in the plant
- Strong knowledge of P2P, B/L Maintenance, planning, and scheduling processes