Airswift is working with one of our major clients to find a Materials Coordinator to join their team in a contract until the end of the year in Calgary, AB.
This person will be involved in supply chain management to ensure requisitions for bulk materials are accurately entered into the Oracle Cloud requisition tool by working directly with Engineers and Subject Matter Experts daily to meet operational needs. (Enter and coordinate requisition, ensure accuracy and completeness of information, tracks requisition)
- Work closely with engineering and supply chain professionals in Canada and the United States to procure materials to meet the project needs (i.e. The right material procured and delivered per the project schedule);
- Ensure requisition entered are accurate and complete with all the required supporting information attached (i.e. Vendor document requirements, datasheets, specifications, Inspection Test Plan, etc.);
- Look for opportunities to streamline the requisition process (i.e. Develop procedures to eliminate bottlenecks);
- Help develop reporting and tracking system; the system must have reporting mechanisms that yield monthly consolidations of value of material requisitions;
- Stay current and look for opportunities to improve repair and return management practices.
- Performs high-volume data entry
- Performs basic management of electronic files (i.e., print, copy, transfer and delete).
- Proficient in Word and Excel
Criteria & Qualifications:
- Associates or Bachelor level diploma in business, economics, finance or engineering at a minimum
- 4-7 years of experience in a similar role within an engineering or manufacturing company would be an asset
- Experience with material descriptions and purchase orders
- Computer Skills: Proficient with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access
- Oracle experience is an asset
- Must be detail-oriented, with strong communication skills, and have patience working with others