Airswift – Materials Coordinator– Baton Rouge, LA
Airswift has been tasked by one of our O&G clients to seek a Materials Coordinator to join them on in Baton Rouge, LA for a 1 year contract with the possibility to extend or go permanent with the company. .
- Perform and\or manage all of the activities necessary to enable effective end-to-end coordination of materials in support of Projects.
- Acts as the interface between the business unit and procurement.
- Actively interacts with planning, inventory, vendors, buyers and maintenance on a daily basis by providing customer support, effective & timely communication, alignment with business practices/controls and a high level of materials and services fulfillment for site maintenance activities. .
- Verify materials availability for all scheduled outage/planned and emergent work
- Provide supply chain input into Plant/Mine equipment maintenance strategies where requested
- Coordinate effective and efficient logistics requirements for Routine and Shutdown work
- Consult with Procurement, and vendors to develop best practices, procedures and standards with respect to materials availability
- Provide frequent updates on material availability to required parties (i.e. business, supply chain) and Lead in root cause analysis for failed supply chain processes
- Identify opportunities to consume Business Line Materials and destock inventory (utilize stock on hand)
- Working in the Planner Cockpit (SAP PM rather than MM Module)
- Responsible for P2P recycle, identifying root causes, and driving resolutions
- Coordinate with logistics coordinator for timely material delivery
- Timely requisitions for break ins
- MDG requester for master data changes and improvements
- Provide guidance and assistance to the requester and supplier for getting a Vendor Master record created in SAP
- Identify SAP data issues
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5 years of closely related professional experience
- Broad knowledge of SAP material catalogs and search tools
- General knowledge of how and where materials are used in the plant
- Advanced time management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Advanced written and oral communications skills
- Influencing with and without authority
- Organization skills