Our client, major LNG Operator in Qatar, is hiring for Materials and Welding Specialist to work for Qatargas NFPS Compression Project. This is a 2 years residential contract to be based in Qatar.
Provides broad technical expertise in Material and Welding Engineering such that materials are efficiently specified and manufactured while maintaining the highest level of integrity, safety and environmental compliance.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- As the technical expert in the field of materials and welding engineering provide advice and guidance to the project team and influence and improve the technical decision-making process through expertise, guidance and interaction with other disciplines to ensure technical objectives are met and to reduce the need for rework and corrective actions.
- Develop and maintain existing materials and welding related procedures and best practices as needed and review design changes, specification revisions and expectations to ensure compliance to the Project Management of Change (PMOC) processes and to maintain compliance with Project and regulatory standards.
- Review and analyse materials related engineering documentation, manufacturing standards and execution planning, to ensure the highest quality is maintained throughout the lifecycle of the Project.
- Resolve technical issues, ensure work is executed according to requirements and provide recommendations for corrective measures to maintain a systems of continuous improvement.
- Work closely with Quality personnel to ensure appropriate application of requirements, oversight and interpretation of manufactured items occurs.
- Coordinate materials related personnel to cover manufacturing and fabrication based on criticality and issues as necessary.
- Support the technical aspects of the Risk Management Plan (including emergency response and business continuity), to ensure identified hazards/risks are mitigated and to maintain the expected level of quality and safety as defined in the Quality Assurance and Safety Management Plans.
Person Specification – Minimum Requirements
Bachelor Degree in Engineering.
Knowledge and/or Experience
8 years’ experience in materials and welding within the oil and gas industry, together with a working knowledge of national and local codes, standards and statutory regulations.
Technical and Business Skills
Excellent written and spoken English skills.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Good practical problem solving skills.
Good computer literacy.