Minimum of 10 years’ experience in delivery of upstream engineering projects
ACE Materials & Welding Engineer will report to the CLIENT Engineering team and will be responsible for the site based M&W assurance activities including approval of weld procedures in collaboration with the Lead M&W Engineer. Baku location will be at the Bayil Yard and BDJF fabrication sites where most of the topside and jacket fabrication take place until the work is completed.
Where applicable, support will also be provided for M&W in country issues for the Brownfield ACE scope.
The ACE topside M&W Engineer will report to the AGT MCW Team Lead on a day to day basis. He/she will be accountable to the ACE Facilities Team Lead and AGT Engineering Manager.
- Accountable for providing ACE topside M&W engineering assurance and verification to support delivery.
- Accountable for ensuring that the ACE M&W support on fabrication is delivered in accordance with the agreed basis of design, codes and standards.
- Provide technical leadership and direction to contractor’s personnel in alignment with project’s engineering and delivery objectives as set out in the Project Execution Plans.
- With strong technical capability and able to resolve site technical clarifications, queries and concession queries with minimal oversight from AGT M&W team lead.
- Timely progression of welding/metallurgy site queries by working with the CLIENT engineering team, KBR team and in-country construction team.
- Performance manage Contractors and engage/intervene when necessary to facilitate recovery plans.
- Maintains alignment of CLIENT and Project goals through regular contact with Project Engineering Leads, Technical Authorities and Engineering Managers.
- Clearly report/communicate concerns and technical issues to the team leads.
- Review / oversight of the development of piping and structural weld procedures
- Provide support to facilities package suppliers – supplier visits may be required
- Support in line with the above to the ACE Brownfield scopes of work
- Preferably Degree in Materials science or engineering or other degree/qualification with focus on materials or welding. Chartered Engineer status is preferred.
- International Welding Engineer (IWE/EWE) or substantial site welding/fabrication experience
- Discipline expertise in welding, NDE and fabrication with good track record of multi discipline/ delivery line integration
- Ability to engage and work with projects personnel, stakeholders, contractors and suppliers
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the project team, Contractors and leadership.
- Knowledge of internal CLIENT ETP, engineering criteria and technical practices.
- Demonstrated safety focus with a commitment to continuous improvement in HSSE performance.
- Planning, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to manage and priorities own workload and manage own time.
- Familiar with and experience in applying international material, welding and fabrication codes, e.g. NORSOK M650, NORSOK M630 ASME B31.3, ASME IX, PD 5500, API 1104, EMMUA 158.