Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Materials supervisor to work in their facilities located in Maputo on a 12-month contract.
- Supervising management of materials stored c/o Company’s and Contractors yards/warehouses thus ensuring material availability in terms of quantity, quality and timing granting in the meantime a correct traceability and cost allocation
- Supervise / managing above materials related issues (Receipt, Storage, Quarantine, etc.) assuring safe and efficient material storage, effective inbound and outbound operations according to the Company / Contractor’s procedures.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Supporting the Logistic & Installation Superintendent in accomplishing his tasks relevant to Logistic and Material Management during the installation of subsea facilities (SURF) and mooring system pre-laying.
- Ensuring that all coded (according to Company’s Procedures) and direct use materials transfer from/to Locations or Contractors are correctly supported by all documentation duly filled and authorized.
- Regularly pro-actively interfacing with user department and site personnel to facilitate the delivery of requested materials. Ensuring all Hazardous Materials are well documented by suppliers in compliance with Company HSE procedures and local regulation.
- Promoting safety culture and ensure that all HSE&Q requirements related to materials handling and storage are fully understood and met.
- Strictly applying Company procedures for material handling (i.e Lifting operations, etc) and transportation.
- Ensuring that Logistic and Materials Management activities performed are auditable in compliance with Company policies and procedures and legislation in order to minimize any potential partner/audit claims.
- Checking item storage in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouse or other areas. HSE Requirements - Comply with requirements of Safety, Health and Environmental laws of the Country. Obey the Company Policy on Safety, Health and Environment and aim at achieving the Company's HSE strategic objectives. Practice Company's HSE Management System. Provide safe and healthy conditions of work to subordinate personnel and control over compliance by this personnel with safe and labor protection rules and regulations. Ensure that all contractors are competent and fully knowledgeable of HSEQ procedures. Supervise the preparation of the risk register and the relevant mitigation strategy to address identified uncertainties and managing the risks
- Supervise and coordinate the execution of the project activities and identify and adopt correct HSE precautions according to Company's standards, local norms and legislations and ensuring that the highest HSE standards are maintained throughout the project. Ensure compliance of logistic operations to all the relevant HSE procedures. Define operational and technical risks connected to logistics.
Previous education & experience required:
- English good in writing and speaking
- Portuguese recommended
- Good interpersonal communication, people management and leadership
- Adaptability, initiative and problem solving capability.
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment which expects the highest levels of customer service, confidentiality and ethical behavior.
- A significant knowledge of HSE issues related to operations requirements for material handling, transportation, warehouse Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics etc.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in receiving/storage supervision during which time has been gained a basic Knowledge of Logistic & Materials Management process.
- Team player able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a global oil and gas company please apply to this advert with your up to date resume. Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided.