Our client, a major Oil & Gas company is hiring a Material Scheduler to work in a 2 years contract position located in Wilmington, CA.
- A strong operational background would be an asset;
- Strong knowledge of LOBP processes;
- Demonstrated HSSE mindset;
- Proven Inventory management skills;
- Continuous Improvement mindset with the ability to challenge conventional norms;
- Previous Oil & Gas Industry experience would be an advantage, but it is not required.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Operational scheduling and ordering:
- Issues the necessary Purchase Orders according to the system generated the replenishment plan.
- Monitor and manage the different stages of the Purchase order and takes action when the orders become overdue.
- Maintain regular contact with the Production Scheduler and other stakeholders to ensure mutual requirements are understood and met.
Component Inventory Management:
- Strongly collaborates with the Material Planning team on stocking strategy and relevant safety stocks for component/location combinations within their portfolio, enables and ensures execution of these strategies accordingly.
- Takes ownership of the health of inventory levels for components/locations within its portfolio and the full planning horizon.
- Manages components marked for obsolescence within the portfolio and takes/leads actions to minimize associated write-offs of components in collaboration with the relevant Production Scheduler and PLM Project focal.
- Understands the impact of accurate and timely purchase order issue and management on overall production performance (e.g. PSA, OTIF, DIO)
- Raises any quality or delivery performance issues to the relevant local Quality Support analyst and Materials Supply Planner(s) and provides the MSP with input to RCA for Supplier OTIF performance. Monitors the local usage of components against the standard and coordinates the appropriate action when variances are established (e.g. update of BOM by Production Scheduler).
- Understands how master data impact supply chain performance and links to other parts of the supply chain.
- Owns and rectifies any master data inconsistencies for their portfolio.
Integrated Business Value:
- Identify and prioritize value opportunities according to value and strategic fit with the help of the 08 (Demand Driven Materials Resource Planning tool) / R3 (SAP) tools and IBV support.
- Focusing on improving inventory levels (DII)
- Work for collaboratively with Production Schedulers, Logistics, PLM, etc to identify and embed E2E value opportunities.
- Search for cost savings opportunities such as master data improvements (stocking strategy, lot size, etc) and vendor opportunities (reduced LT, consignment stock, vendor managed inventory (VMI), etc).
- Work collaboratively with other Planning team members and the PLM team during product transitions to minimize component write-offs.
- Responsible for a portfolio of 60+ Base Oil, Additive, and Packaging Component SKUs.
- Communicate potential shortages or delays on incoming material. Own and maintain Master Data (Vendor Lead Time, SS, Inventory targets, etc).
- Work collaboratively with other Planning team members and the PLM team during the product transitions to minimize component write-offs.
- Support product launches/withdrawals through inventory ramp up/down.
- Introduce/manage appropriate MOC at the local site level.
- Have a safety mindset and incorporate HSSE into Planning activities
- Continuously search for E2E value opportunities.
- Active member local grassroots Spanco team filling the pipeline with potential initiatives and executing on agreed opportunities.
- Will be required to backfill other team members for vacation or other coverage requirements.
- Form strong relationships with suppliers and internal/external stakeholders.