Our client, a major LNG company, is hiring a Material Handler to work on a 6+ month (likely to be extended) located in Hackberry, LA
The professional will coordinate the materials and supply warehousing and inventory control operation ensuring adherence to financial requirements and administrative policies, procedures, and controls reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor. A TWIC card is required.
- Responsible for the storage of equipment, spare parts, and materials to guarantee reliable and safe operation.
- Inspects the warehouse for safety and proper storage methods and selects storage areas for the items by classification.
- Delivers materials, equipment, valves, and connections for operations and maintenance activities.
- Keeps computerized records of the warehouse activities.
- Interfaces with Buyer about the specifications of materials purchased and received.
- Conducts a periodic review of warehouse bonded materials and stock.
- May be required in emergency situations to report to work during unscheduled time.
- Prepare reports concerning terminal materials and warehouse activities;
- Applies Health, Safety, and Environmental Standards in all working procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- TWIC Card
- 3 years of experience in warehousing and materials environment
- Familiar with computerized inventory control
- MS Office programs, MS Project, SAP skills
- Safety awareness mindset
NOTES: Must be comfortable lifting at least 50 lbs; wearing safety equipment; climbing stairs and ladders that range from 4 ft to 200 ft.
Be willing to work on-call and overtime.