Airswift – Materials Handler – Brighton, CO.
Airswift has been tasked by one of our O&G clients to seek a Materials Handler to join them on an ongoing contract with the possibility to go perm with the company in Brighton, CO.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Efficiently & safely perform a variety of material handling activities including loading/unloading freight, stacking & moving palletized materials, storing & retrieving materials.
- Package, label, move, and complete required documentation in response to a variety of distribution types of instructions.
- Perform a variety of shipping activities including scheduling of freight carriers and ensuring that all goods and paperwork is accurate and complete per customer orders.
- Communicate effectively with customers to address and resolve shipping-related problems.
- Receive inbound freight and expedited shipments and MRO/Commodity deliveries, ensure documents are complete and accurate, distribute documents and notify recipients per established procedures, and ensure proper data entry into necessary computerized data base(s).
- Generate BOM orders from internal customer orders, then build/assemble/package kit orders, pulling parts and prioritizing activities and computerized order requirements.
- Monitor stock levels against order requirements and take appropriate actions to resolve allocation & shortage problems.
- Perform audit, inventory location assignments, cycle counting and other audit and control activities to effectively maintain accuracy of required inventories.
- Perform housekeeping duties
- Perform procedures necessary to ensure compliance with Robel Safety Process and ensure the personal safety of the incumbent including eye safety, hearing conservation, machine safety guards, ergonomic movement, lock out/tag out, MSDS procedures, and OHSA regulations.
- Assist in maintaining an atmosphere of continuous improvement and team efforts for accomplishing departmental goals.
- Meet standards as communicated by supervisor.
- Perform other related duties and activities as assigned by supervisor.
Previous education & experience required:
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- SAP knowledge preferre
- Minimum of 1 year of Oil and Gas Industry parts knowledge
- Minimum of 2 years Forklift Experience
- Prior history of satisfactory operation of mechanized material handling equipment and/or willingness and ability to complete and pass training/licensing course within first week in this classification.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, weekends and any shift as needed.
- Ability to stand, sit and/or walk on a hard surface as well as safely bend, stoop, reach, climb steps and use ladder up to 8 hours per day, occasionally up to 12 hours per day.
- Vision to accurately read all related distribution documents and computer monitor screens.
- Ability to lift 50-75 pounds occasionally and up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis.