Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure, and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Material Coordinator to work within their facilities located in China Yard for a 2years contract assignment.
- Reporting to Construction Manager for project strategize, coordinate and integrate the project team in the most EPCIC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation & Commissioning) project management with best cost effective, timely and apply the best win-win solution for all related parties along the project.
- The Material Coordinator ensures strict control of any Owner incoming or outgoing material, verifying quantity, quality and integrity of all material being received or issued to construction, formalizing acceptance by the Yard material controllers.
- To ensure that all materials, packages, and spares parts are properly and timely delivered, inspected, stored, preserved, and comply with applicable procedures, project specifications and relevant codes and standards.
- The FPSO Materials Coordinator is responsible to follow up closely the logistics of materials, consisting of receipt of materials , inventory, storage process, packing, preservation and shall report discrepancies (Quantities, damages, etc.) and status to the Contract and Procurement Manager.
- Participate in materials inspections, materials audits and safety observations as required
- Assist in the development and recording of preservation process
- The Materials Coordinator shall establish strong working relationships within Construction Team, Shipyard team, commissioning, preservation, QC and Engineering teams to ensure clarity of requirements and timely resolution of issues.
- Work closely with Shipyard inspection team, maintaining a one team policy.
- Knowledge of Hull mechanical equipment (vessels, rotating, exchangers, etc) installation
- Commercial / contractual awareness
- Knowledge in FPSO
- Awareness of Brazilian FPSOs specific requirements (plus point)
- Able to speak and write in English (Mandatory)
- Able to speak and write in Mandarin (plus point)
- Teamwork - Able to assist and supervise a team, coordinate with other teams, and seek the overall best for the project. Able to work as a team with yard/contractors.
- Assist on Driving Execution to mechanical completion
- Integrity and Inspiring Trust
- Committed and Project completion focus
EXPERIENCE IN CONSTRUCTION:
- With minimum 5 years’ experience in a Material coordination role for FPSO Project.
- FPSO Construction knowledge, Standard ISO, Quality system, Technical requirement and Standard, Compliance with Local/National and International Standard and Codes, Compliance with.
- Have minimum taken on a Coordination role for 2 Major FSO Hull Piping or 1 Major FPSO, managing warehousing, record, and preservation of all disciplines until mechanical completion.
- Preferably minimum 2 years working experience in China.
- Good understanding of International Shipyards is preferable and an added value.
- Good understanding of schedule and resource planning
- Fundamental understanding of concepts, principles and practices in the oil and gas Industry.
Diploma/Degree in Mechanical Engineering.