Our client, a large engineering company based in Paris, is recruitinh for a Material and logistics lead to join their team on FPSO project.
Material and Logistics Lead is the one of representative of Logistics and Hook Up department, based in Nouakchott. Ensure proper coordination with other entities in particular offshore Hook Up team on FPSO, Logistics, Company and Contractors based in Mauritania.
It covers all Logistic issues and challenges related to FPSO mooring pre-installation, towing & positioning, mooring hook-up, commissioning and hand-over.
Main duties :
- To assist the Logistics Manager in operations preparations and set up.
- To help to develop procedures and processes related to logistic plan in country.
- Execute and optimize Material logistic plan before and during operations.
- Manage the Materials and Logistics team, to assist for the hiring of the team members.
- Management team focal point for all Logistic matters.
loading and offloading operations
- Follows up preparation of material and equipment to be sent to FPSO site.
- Ensure that essential equipment is effectively shipped as per the picking list instructions and cargo manifest.
- Ensure that baskets, specific baskets are in good safety condition before shipping on Sites.
- Records all Materials movements and CCUs (Cargo Carrying Units) To/ from site.
Coordination with Sub Contractor/ Shipping agent.
- Coordination with the subcontracted services provided by third parties for logistics during operations.
- Liaise with Sub Contractors to ensure Material and Equipment regarding the customs clearance and items tracking.
- Must document communication with contractors as it might become a contractual document.
Stock and warehouse.
- To be in charge of organizing the hook up equipment storage, in particular precaution to be used concerning specific equipment, under the responsibility of the Company.
- Performs physical checks of spare parts on behalf of the Hook Up Superintendent or FPSO representatives.
- Check PR/PO to ensure that is the good material ordered.
- Receive and check all material delivered to onshore Base from FPSO.
- Maintain clear picture of inventory and material tracking on database.
Safety / HSE:
- Responsible for HSE requirement related to logistics activities.
- Ensure all material and equipment sent to Offshore Site from Onshore Base is shipped as per lifting safety standards.
Material and Logistics Supervisor required field of expertise:
- Knowledge of logistics of materials and equipment abroad,
- Knowledge of interfaces, requirement and issues linked to offshore operations,
- Knowledge of Material control and shipping activities,
- Knowledge of logistics procedures, methods, and technical execution,
- Knowledge of Sub-contracting or contractors environment.
- Risks identification and management,
- Knowledge of reporting and KPI.
- Basic understanding of offshore facilities operations and maintenance.
- Language: English, French.
Required Soft skills:
- Self-starter, organized, priority identification.
- Maintain good communication: share the information with all parties involved, ensure that issues are understood and shared with everyone in a respectful manner using the team tools.
- Relational: Team player, work for and with the team to ensure smooth management, delegates and leads, adaptable. In country, intercultural sensibility.
- Problem analysis and solution maker.
- Stress proof.
- Able to read and to work with electronic technical documentation and in Microsoft environment.
Engineering degree with minimum 6 years’ experience in Materials and Logistics for construction / Hook UP/ Production operations abroad including preferably 4 years on site.
Work duration & expected starting date
- Expected mobilization Date: May 2021
- Expected demobilization Date: April 2023
- Paris – La Défense during preparation phase (year 2021). Missions in Mauritania and China should be required during preparation phase – frequency approx. 1 week every 2 months.
- Mauritania – Nouakchott - during offshore operation phase. Rotations in Mauritania will be during operation phase – schedule TBD.