Our client, a major Offshore company is looking for a Material and Corrosion Engineer to work in the Netherlands for a long term contract position.
- Responsible for corrosion evaluations for the process, utility and marine pipework and equipment for new build and conversion FPSO’s.
- Take into account any corrosion risks during the life time of the installation.
- Perform root-cause analysis for corrosion issues found in the company's fleet and you will work proactively in a team to find a corrosion mitigation or material replacement solution (while taking into account the operational performance).
- Perform material selection and prepare relevant documentation for the process, utility and marine pipework and equipment and you will do this based on corrosion evaluations, technical documents from (potential) clients, company and international material selection standards;
- Provide interdepartmental support on piping, equipment and structural material selection, material production and material substitution;
- Provide interdepartmental support on corrosion prevention and mitigation related issues;
- Review material certificates;
- Advise the project team members and engineers on all matters associated with materials and corrosion.
- MSc or BSc degree in Materials Engineering, Corrosion Engineering, Metallurgy, Chemistry, Process Technology or equivalent.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in a similar position;
- Extensive knowledge of material selection standards (e.g. ISO 21457 and NORSOK M-001).
- Extensive Knowledge of corrosion & degradation mechanisms in the Oil & Gas industry;
- Knowledge of NACE MR0175/ ISO 15156;
- General knowledge on material standards (e.g. ASTM, API, AISI and ISO)
- Fluent in English, both written and verbally.