Our client, a global and highly regarded independent producer of renewable energy, has an opportunity for a Full-time Market Manager to join their team in Canberra, Australian Capital Territory.
This company has experienced organic growth throughout their global businesses with offices in Africa, Europe, Americas and Australia in the last 15 years they have been responsible for winning some of the largest and most competitive renewable energy projects. Their Australian landmark projects include wind energy, solar generation, and large-scale battery storage. With a portfolio of assets, they require highly motivated and talented team members who’re responsible for managing the O&M phase of their renewable assets in a safe and efficient manner.
The successful Market Manager will join a team of multi-disciplinary energy specialists, reporting directly to the Head of Asset Management and their Energy Management Director. You will be a dedicated team leader with high standards, attention to detail and motivated to assist the management team and provide guidance to the OCC controllers regarding market strategy and operation.
- Monitoring new and developing events in the Australian National Electricity Market.
- Provide market bidding guidance, by providing bid strategies given prevailing and expected market outcomes, to the OCC Team to maximise asset profits. This may, from time to time be during critical market events, require you to be available outside of usual business hours.
- Working with Market Management Team to define and document guidelines and procedures for the bidding in the energy market and monitoring solutions to optimise dispatch outcomes.
- Analysing market data and providing first line reports to the Market Management and Asset Management teams both in Australia and globally.
- Developing and maintaining key stakeholder relationships both internally and externally.
- Provide guidance to Operational Controllers to ensure safe and compliant activities across all assets with regards to National Electricity Rules ect.
- Working with team members to regularly assess ad audit the compliance of the assets with the National Electricity Rules and off-take contracts.
- Continuous improvement of systems, functions, and procedures to deliver increased performance based on Key Performance Indicators.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Graduate or post-graduate degree in business or engineering, with experience in the electricity wholesale markets qualifications in Engineering field
- You are reliable and team focused individual with strong analytical skills
- Capacity to work under operational pressure in a continuously shifting environment
- Expert in analysing and communicating Excel data
- Available for occasional “on-call” requirements
- Two industry relevant Referees
Due to the nature of this role we are only able to accept applicants who are eligible to live and work full time in Australia.
Please apply if you hold the above qualifications and experience. Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted.
My client recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to promoting fairness, equity and diversity in its workplace hence we encourage applications from people with a variety of experience and backgrounds. In addition, we recognise that everyone’s personal circumstances differ and thus understand the importance of offering flexibility in the working arrangements of our personnel, to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
If you have any questions please contact Tayla Jeromson by email Tayla.Jeromson@airswift.com
Airswift is a global workforce solutions provider specializing in oil & gas, power, infrastructure and technology. We serve as a strategic partner to our clients, offering turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.