Location: Offshore Angola / FPSO
Contract: 1 Year
Rotation: 4 Weeks On / 4 Weeks Off
Obs.: Position open for Angola nationals
The Marine Engineer will:
- Evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed in accordance with Company specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitates effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines that align with the team"s goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Assures accurate and timely communication among the team and other company Functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues. In addition to technical ability, they should demonstrate sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
- Design and oversee testing, installation, and repair of marine apparatus and equipment.
- Conduct analytical, environmental, operational, or performance studies in order to develop designs for products, such as marine engines, equipment, and structures.
- Prepare, or direct the preparation of, product or system layouts and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Evaluate operation of marine equipment during acceptance testing and shakedown cruises.
- Analyze data in order to determine feasibility of product proposals.
- Confer with research personnel in order to clarify or resolve problems, and to develop or modify designs.
- Investigate and observe tests on machinery and equipment for compliance with standards.
- Conduct environmental, operational, or performance tests on marine machinery and equipment.
- Determine conditions under which tests are to be conducted, as well as sequences and phases of test operations.
- Maintain and coordinate repair of marine machinery and equipment for installation on vessels.
- Inspect marine equipment and machinery in order to draw up work requests and job specifications.
- Review work requests, and compare them with previous work completed on ships in order to ensure that costs are economically sound
Critical Skills & Personal Attributes:
- 10-15 years of closely related professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marine or Civil Engineering or related engineering specialty, or equivalent professional experience
- Strong knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria - Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications